Assault - Williamson County Assault Lawyer Jason Trumpler
Williamson County Assault Lawyer Jason Trumpler
Contact Us Today at 512-457-5200!
If you have been changed with a violent crime, such as assault, in Texas the consequences can be dire. Violent crimes, like assault, are often times some of the most severely and swiftly punished, particularly in Williamson County. If you have been charged with assault in Williamson County, it is imperative that you hire competent, compassionate, aggressive legal representation. It is crucial that you hire someone like Jason Trumpler.
As a former a prosecutor and an attorney with almost 20 years of experience, Attorney Jason Trumpler knows how to evaluate a case like a prosecutor and negotiate a case in such a way that prosecutors appreciate and understand. In addition, over the years, Jason Trumpler has taken over 100 trials to verdict in front of juries in both Texas and California.
Williamson County Attorney Jason Trumpler Defends Clients Charged with Assault
The mere accusation that you have committed an assault can have devastating consequences legally, professionally, and personally. There are the obvious legal ramifications of the legal fees associated paying a bond, hiring an attorney, potentially dealing with probation, incarceration, and/or fines and fees. There are also ramifications associated with employment and your relationships with friends and loved ones.
If you are convicted of assault you could face:
- Jail or prison
- Fines, fees, and restitution
- Anger management or counseling
- A final conviction on your criminal record
- Enhanced penalties for multiple felony convictions
- Effects on your professional licensing
- Loss of your right to vote or possess firearms
- Effects on your custody or visitation rights for your children
- Immigration consequences
Assault is a crime of violence or aggression against another person. Actual harm is not required. In Texas, it is a Class C Misdemeanor for an assault by contact. If the complaining witness complains of pain that is sufficient for "bodily injury" for purposes of making it a Class A Misdemeanor.
An assault allegation in Williamson County can result in either misdemeanor or felony charges being brought depending on the facts of your case. Regardless of whether you are facing misdemeanor or felony charges, a final conviction will result in a permanent criminal record, which can have a number of devastating consequences on your career and personal life.
Attorney Jason Trumpler has handled hundreds of cases involving clients accused of assault crimes. Mr. Trumpler defends clients charged with all misdemeanor and felony assault throughout Williamson County and Central Texas.
If you are accused of assault, do not delay. Call our office at (512) 457-5200 or e-mail us today for a free initial consultation. Jason Trumpler is a skilled trial attorney with over 100 jury trials under his belt, and he is prepared to defend you!
Defending Clients Facing All Kinds of Assault Charges
Williamson County Defense Attorney Jason Trumpler is a former prosecutor with close to 20 years of experience. He defends clients accused of:
- Assault — The term “assault” can include several different types of actions, some of which many people may not commonly think of as an assault. Learn more about assault charges in Texas and the possible consequences of a conviction.
- Aggravated assault — Aggravated assault involves causing serious injury or assaulting someone while using or exhibiting a deadly weapon.
- Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
- Domestic assault, Family violence and spousal abuse — An assault charge involving a family member, romantic partner, or former romantic partner is a serious matter in Texas. A conviction can have numerous consequences that affect you for years or decades to come. Learn more about domestic violence in Texas and the possible outcomes of a criminal charge.
- Bar fights, street fights, and violent crimes
Domestic violence and assault are serious charges. The district attorney's office may choose to prosecute even if the alleged victim refuses to pursue charges or testify. A domestic abuse arrest may lead to a restraining order or protective order being filed, which can effectively dismantle a family, leaving the party charged with domestic violence locked out of their house and cut off from their children.
Attorney Jason Trumpler prepares every case for trial, reviewing evidence and other facts critical for an effective defense. We determine whether our clients felt in danger or acted in self-defense. If a trial is not in your interest, defense lawyer Jason Trumpler will negotiate with prosecutors for a reduced sentence. Schedule a Free Initial Consultation.