Considering that Texas imposes some of the harshest penalties for DWI in the United States, and the state’s courts aren’t exactly known for their leniency, it is generally a good idea for those charged with DWI to seek representation from a reputable, skilled DWI defense attorney. Criminal defense lawyer Jason Trumpler has extensive experience and success in representing drivers charged with DWI, having achieved numerous dismissals and reductions in charges. To his clients who have emerged with their rights and freedoms intact, his legal services have been priceless.
Of course, legal representation in DWI cases is not literally without cost, especially when a defendant is looking for the best representation possible. Indeed, many drivers who are charged with DWI - especially first-time offenders - look at the fines associated with their charges if they are found guilty and weigh them against possible DWI attorney costs in Austin and come to a highly dubious conclusion: that hiring a lawyer isn’t worth it. What many of these unfortunate people discover the hard way is that:
- The fines imposed by the court are not the only costs associated with a DWI conviction, with additional costs often adding up to thousands of dollars.
- Hiring a skilled DWI lawyer such as Jason Trumpler and having their charges dismissed or reduced is far more cost-effective than being convicted.
If you have been charged with a DWI, whether it is your first, second, or third such charge, we invite you to arrange for an evaluation of your case by Jason Trumpler today.
How do DWI attorneys generally charge for their services?
Every DWI attorney has his or her own fee schedule and method of charging clients. Some charge by the hour while others charge a flat rate. Whatever the case, you will want to make sure that you are aware of all possible fees up front. In many cases, the estimated fee an attorney presents to you during a consultation may be subject to change if your case becomes more complex due to unforeseen circumstances, thereby affecting your final cost. Make sure that you get your estimate in writing, along with an itemized list of costs.
In the case of Jason Trumpler, he generally charges an hourly rate, although he sometimes charges a fixed rate depending on the circumstances surrounding a particular case. 30-minute consultations are completely free. Before you and he enter into a binding agreement for his services, he will inform you:
- As to whether he will charge an hourly or flat rate
- Of your payment options (cash, check, credit card)
- Of costs that may arise during the course of your case (such as third-party expert witnesses)
- Of costs aside from your face-to-face legal counsel (arraignment and trail costs, for example)
- If you are charged by the hour, services that will be billed (including conversations by telephone, answering emails, responding to letters, etc.)
In the end, it may seem as though hiring a lawyer with Mr. Trumpler’s expertise, tenacity, skill, and track record is expensive - and it can be, relatively speaking. However, considering that even a first-time DWI conviction in Austin can cost you more than $20,000 in fines, fees, and other expenses, along with up to 180 days in jail and the suspension of your license for up to two years, it could be one of the best - and, yes, cost-effective - investments you could possibly make.
Learn More about DWI Attorney Costs
To find out how much it will cost you to hire one of the most successful DWI attorneys in the region, please contact the Law Offices of Jason Trumpler today.