Austin Intoxication Assault Attorney Jason Trumpler
Austin Intoxication Assault Lawyer Jason Trumpler
CONTACT US TODAY AT 512-457-5200
Texas Penal Code Section 49.07 defines Intoxication Assault in Texas. A person commits the offense if he or she:
- By Accident or Mistake
- While Operating a Motor Vehicle
- In a Public Place
- While Intoxicated
- "Because of that Intoxication" causes "Serious Bodily Injury" to Another
The Texas Penal Code defines "Serious Bodily Injury" in this context as "an injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes serious permanent disfigurement or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ."
There are three ways to defend these types of cases.
- Attack whether the driver was in fact impaired.
- Attack whether the driver's impairment caused the accident and not a superseding or intervening cause.
- Attack the severity of the injury and argue that the injury suffered was not serious bodily injury.
If the State has charged you with Intoxication Assault, you need an aggressive criminal defense lawyer by your side who understands the ins and outs of DWI defense and can fight for you. Intoxication Assault Attorney Jason Trumpler is that lawyer. He is exceptionally well versed in defending DWI cases, understands accident reconstruction, and also understands what qualifies as serious bodily injury. Over the years, Mr. Trumpler has handled dozens of these cases as a prosecutor, criminal defense attorney, and civil attorney. You can contact him today at 512-457-5200.