Austin Graffiti Lawyer Jason Trumpler
Graffiti Attorney in Austin Texas
CONTACT US AT 512-457-5200
Graffiti is considered destruction of property and is a crime in the State of Texas. When people think of graffiti, they typically think of a phrase or image that has been spray-painted onto objects like trains or buildings. However, the Texas Penal Code expands on this concept. You may also be arrested for graffiti if you leave marks on property that is not yours with paint pens or etching/engraving devices.
If the State has charged you or someone you know with the crime of graffiti, contact our office today at 512-457-5200. Jason Trumpler has 20-years of criminal law experience and practices throughout the greater Austin area. He will fight hard to win the best possible outcome on your case.
The severity of the misdemeanor or felony that the State charges you with depends on the amount of damage you allegedly cause. If the police claim that you have damaged multiple items belonging to either one or numerous owners, they can calculate costs together, and the State will charge accordingly. Potential consequences may include:
- Damages under $100: Class C Misdemeanor. A fine of up to $500.
- Damages of $100-$749: Class B Misdemeanor. A fine of up to $2,000 and a jail sentence of up to 6-months.
- Damages of $750-$2,499: Class A Misdemeanor. A fine of up to $4,000 and a jail sentence of up to 1-year.
- Damages of $2,500-$29,999: State Jail Felony. A fine of up to $10,000 and a prison sentence of 6-months to 2-years.
- Damages of $30,000-$149,999: 3rd Degree Felony. A fine of up to $10,000 and a prison sentence of 2 to 10-years.
- Damages of $150,000-$299,999: 2nd Degree Felony. A fine of up to $10,000 and a prison sentence of 2 to 20-years.
- Damages of $300,000 or more: 1st Degree Felony. A fine of up to $10,000 and a prison sentence of 5 to 99-years.
Even if the graffiti only constitutes a misdemeanor offense, you may be automatically charged with a State Jail Felony if the graffiti done to a school, a church, cemetery, a public monument, or a community center that provides medical, social, or educational services.
Contact Us at 512-457-5200
Jason Trumpler is an experienced and compassionate attorney who will carefully examine your case's particular details to build the most robust defense possible. In his time practicing as an attorney, he has successfully gotten hundreds of charges reduced or dismissed. He currently practices in Central Texas counties, including Travis, Williamson, Hays, Lee, Bastrop, Comal, Bell, Burnet, Caldwell, and Coryell. Call us today at 512-457-5200.