Austin Terroristic Threat Lawyer Jason Trumpler
Austin Terroristic Threat Attorney
CONTACT US TODAY AT 512-457-5200
The Texas Penal Code defines a "terroristic threat" as a threat of violence made towards a person or property. A "terroristic threat" usually involves emotional trauma as opposed to physical injury. Examples of words or actions which may constitute a "terroristic threat" charge include:
- Words or acts that might cause an emergency crew to feel like they cannot complete their duties.
- Words or acts that place someone in fear of "imminent" and "serious bodily injury."
- Words or acts that prevent or interrupt the occupation of a public building, a place someone works at, a car or plane, etc.
- Words or acts that cause impairment or interruption with a telephone service, public transport, water, gas, or power supply.
- Words or acts that influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal/state government.
If the State has charged you or someone that you know with the crime of committing a terroristic threat, we can help. Jason Trumpler has 20-years of experience and will fight to get your charges reduced or dismissed. If necessary, he will fight your case in front of a jury. Call Us Today At 512-457-5200.
Typically, a terroristic threat is a Class B Misdemeanor. The punishment range for a Class B Misdemeanor is:
- Up to six months in the county jail; and,
- Fine of up to $2,000.
However, if the State convicts you of making a terroristic threat against a family member or a public servant (such a police officer), or if the alleged terroristic threat causes a financial loss of at least $2,500 to the owner of the room or building, the charge may be enhanced to a Class A Misdemeanor. The punishment range of a Class A Misdemeanor is:
- Up to one year in the county jail; and,
- A fine of up to $4,000.
In addition to jail time and financial penalties, it can be harder to find employment and housing with a conviction on your records.
Contact Us Today At 512-457-5200
If law enforcement has accused you or some you know of the crime of a terroristic threat, contact us today at 512-457-5200. Jason Trumpler has successfully prevented hundreds of individuals from receiving a conviction on their records. He currently practices in Central Texas counties, including Travis, Williamson, Hays, Comal, Lee, Burnet, and Bastrop. Call our office today at 512-457-5200.